Monday, August 10, 2009

Marie Claire France August 2009 | Vanity Star

Thanks to the helpful darialogist, we also have a scan of Daria's interview in Marie Claire France August 2009. I've skimmed over the interview and there is nothing new, but if someone would like a translation, just comment and let me know.

Marie Claire France August 2009
At what age did you find your style?
At twelve years, I came up with my personal style with grunge clothing or military pieces dug out from vintage stores like Goodwill or the Salvation Army. I still have this ‘look’ on the days when I don’t work.

What beauty tips did your mother give you?
She is incredibly beautiful and very natural. Like her grandmother, she cleansed her face with a cotton ball soaked in the juice of a lemon. I’ve adopted the same ritual, sometimes adding a couple grains of sugar for exfoliation. It’s very effective, but you have to moisturize your skin after.

What is the best trick that a beauty expert let you in on?
To put kohl (eyeliner) on the inside of the eye for a mysterious look, and to sculpt the contours of my face with bronzer.

How do you make your face every day?
I use my makeup sparingly, in a ‘nude’ sense. Some mascara, a bit of brown on the eyes, and some bronzer.

What are your worst beauty habits?
I drink and I smoke, and those are truly the worst vices!

Your secret after a sleepless night?
Have a drink … I’m joking! I apply Lancomes Secret de Vie Yeux treatment, and I take an Alka-Seltzer.

Two hours devoted to your beauty – what would you do?
Sleep! I’d rather do that the whole day, not out of necessity or need, but simply because I love it.

What do you do to maintain your form?
I have a healthy enough relationship with food, it’s just a question of good health. I try to eat organic, and only when I am hungry. Concerning fitness, I don’t go often to the gym, but I do snowboard and I grant myself a deep massage once monthly at a spa.

The scent that best represents you?
I like subtle scents: I spray the perfume in front of myself and then slip into the cloud and then I add a couple of drops in the hollows of my wrists. I’ve adopted with pleasure Lancomes Hypnose Senses, a floral perfume with a spicy facet to it, because of its ultra sensual and feminine feel and because it is never overwhelming

Your bedside cream (night cream)?
Lancomes Le Soin Renergie Night for some nights. On the other hand, I never forget to moisturize my skin every morning with Lancomes Aqua Fusion, which I mix with a couple drops of Dr. Hauschka’s Normalizing Day Oil. Its my way of making up for the fact that I don’t drink enough water.

What is the best definition of beauty?
It’s a question of being comfortable in your own skin and the freedom to think. I’m better able to name a few women, like Cate Blanchett, an actress, or my mother, a teacher.

Translated by me

2 comments:

  1. i'd like to see the translation! thx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post a translation ASAP

    ReplyDelete