Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Daria!

Today is Daria's 26th birthday! I want to make a post just to say happy birthday Daria (who knows - maybe you've come across this site once), and many more to come! I also want to make a quick shout out to all the readers of the site - thanks for coming everyday and bearing with my odd musings here and there. It's always a nice surprise to see a new follower or a comment.

The Age Issue
Vogue US September 2004
Ph by Steven Meisel


And also, a thank you to Daria who keeps inspiring me to run this site. Ever since I first became interested in models and fashion Daria was the first model I really noticed. She has managed to remain the most beautiful and interesting of the bunch! And because no post is ever complete without a picture I wanted to include this editorial. It was the first time I learned of Daria the model, and coincidentally this editorial was also the first issue of Vogue that I bought. It was the Age issue and I remember devouring every article ... particularly one feature in which Daria talks of her modeling experiences so far, and her life as a twenty year old woman. Who knows, maybe one day she'll be featured in the "Thirties" section! But for now enjoy your birthday D!

7 comments:

  1. it's always a pleasure to read your posts. :)
    i have noticed how refined they have become during the years, so i hope you keep on doing this nice work! :))

    and yeah, she's turning 26, which means she is closer to 30 than to 20 and she has entered the best life period, when too young youth ends and young adulthood starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Miss W. I love the black and white pic where she's wearing a tweed jacket, I think. Really special. Hope Daria keeps inspiring you, Tinsley :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eword - Thank you :) That means a lot coming from you. I figured I much wanted this site to focus on analysis and ideas rather than just images ... and agreed about the age. I think 26 should be good year!

    Hey addyads :) I agree about the b/w picture ... I'm pretty sure it's in my top ten images of Daria. That is essential Meisel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy-happy birthday, my Muse, you'll be the best always! do you still remember that interview, when you said you're modeling only till 27 and then you're sailing around the world? :) not sure if i'd want that to be true! best wishes and cheers, love you, love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    BBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHH
    DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Daria!
    I wish you many more succesful years in the model business to all our benefit.

    Thank you, darialogist for this fantastic site where one can find so much about the icon in the model world
    Keep on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Er not the darialogist but she did have an amazing site haha :) But thank you!

    ReplyDelete