Monday, November 30, 2009

La Mamounia ... Candids

As you may well know, Daria was at the reopening of the La Mamounia hotel in Marrakech, Morocco this past week. And though I thought that the excitement over that sighting had died down, there are now new pictures from this event (and then some!). 

Vogue columnist and party fixture Derek Blasberg posted a few candids on his twitter as well as the style.com blog. His reports make this sound like an interesting time ... "Every night ended at the leopard-heavy downstairs lounge, the Churchill Bar, where Daria Werbowy, Matthew Williamson, Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, and Carine Roitfeld belted out everything from Grease show tunes to Sarah McLaughlin. “Leopard carpet, cognac, and a piano? I think I found my new favorite bar ever,” Werbowy said.

My thoughts are going wild imagining Carine and Daria singing a duet together! I've always heard that the fashion world is brutal, but this is quite hard to believe when you can find a Vogue editor, photographers, a designer and a model belting out music from seventies movies ... something makes me think that Anna Wintour would not be as up for it ...

Daria and Matthew Williamson ... look familiar?Jacquetta Wheeler, Daria Werbowy and Derek Blasberg. I love Daria's laidback style!

5 comments:

  1. Pictures are so great!!!!Tinsley V, thank you so much!Daria's candids are really hard to finde...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool candids.Thank you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what she is wearing on the second pic.Nice beanie.Too bad we can't see her t-shirt.
    Thanks for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome everyone :)

    ReplyDelete