Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vogue US December 2009 : Point Break

After a few restless days and multiple visits to The Fashion Spot I finally have my hands on Daria's latest editorial in Vogue! 

Point Break
Photographers: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Styling: Edward Enninful
Model: Daria Werbowy



When word got out that Daria was photographed by the duo of Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot an already formed theme came to mind. Mert and Marcus are well known for their stylized and powerful depictions of woman. Though I like the editorials Daria does with Mert and Marcus - they always bring out a sense of athleticism and strength - I always feel that they are missing a humane aspect. Daria is oft found looking into the distance and there is no real connection established between the viewer and the model. Suffice to say I always find images that are able to make a connection make a larger impact. 

If you can recall the April 2009 Vogue US editorial "The Deep End" (both were shot by M&M) it has a similar tone and theme. The opening shot is quite dominant, but it is diluted in the later images. It isn't necessarily a bad thing though. I find myself gravitating towards this editorial more ... perhaps it is the quirkier styling or less static poses, but I find Point Break to be quite entertaining.


source: scanned by sister-d at bwgreyscale.com

No comments:

Post a Comment